How to disable Shopify's default shipping notification emails
Before you turn on shipping notifications email in Klaviyo, it's recommend to turn off the transactional shipping emails in Shopify so that your customers aren't receiving duplicate emails from both Shopify and Klaviyo.
Step 1: How to disable the Order Confirmation or Shipping Confirmation emails
How to deactivate these emails depends upon your Shopify plan:
- If you are NOT a Shopify Plus merchant: Unfortunately, Only Shopify Plus merchants have the ability to turn off these emails in Shopify. You can still disable the Out for Delivery and Delivered notifications from Shopify.
- If you are using Shopify Plus: Due to the importance of the both the order and shipping confirmations emails, Shopify does not give you the ability to deactivate these emails directly from your account, instead, they will turn these off for you. Simply reach out to Shopify support or your account manager in order to get approval to deactivate these notifications.
Step 2: How to disable Shopify's Out for Delivery and Delivered notifications
- In Shopify, go to Settings > Notifications
- Scroll down until you see the Shipping section and uncheck the bottom two checkboxes for Out for Delivery and Delivered.
- Uncheck the check boxes next to the emails you'd like to turn off.
Important: Only uncheck these boxes if you plan to send Out for Delivery and Delivered emails via Klaviyo instead of Shopify.
Step 3. How to turn off the "Track with Shop" button on Order Confirmation
The Shop App by Shopify is a great benefit for customers who wish to track all their orders in one mobile app. However, if you intend to send shipping notifications via your own email or SMS, you may want to disable the Shop feature (note: if a customer already has the Shop app installed, they may still receive push notifications on their order).
Shopify leaves this set to ON as a default setting. To disable, go to Settings > Checkout and then under Customer Contact, uncheck the box next to "Customers can download the Shop App from their order status page"